Mike Seaman, CEO of Raccoon Events (organisers of the National Running Show) explains our Covid Commitment in the video below.
Our Covid Commitment
Your safety is of the upmost importance to us, and we will adhere to all government guidelines regarding the pandemic. In light of this, we are asking all visitors, exhibitors and contractors to support our Covid Commitment and produce a Covid Safety Certificate upon entering the venue. Please note children under the age of 18 are exempt.
For the avoidance of doubt, we would accept any ONE of the following as a Covid Safety Certificate:
- Proof of double jab at least 14 days prior to arriving at the show OR
- Lateral Flow or PCR test showing a negative result within the last 48 hours and registered here https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result OR
- Proof of natural immunity
We will be asking all visitors, exhibitors and contractors to display this information upon entering the site and we reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone that is unable to display this information.
How to get your NHS COVID Pass
You can get a digital version using the NHS App or NHS website. You can download it as a PDF or get it sent to you in an email.
You can also show your completed Covid record card (given when received your vaccinations).
Taking a lateral flow Covid-19 test
Test kits can be collected free of charge from most pharmacies across the UK. Each box contains seven test kits and includes clear instructions on how to take the test, which takes two minutes to complete and 30 minutes for the result to show.
We advise that you do not take the test more than 24 hours before the event starts and take the following steps:
- Take the home kit test (it takes 30 minutes for the test result to show on the kit itself)
- Register the result of the test by following this link (you do not need your NHS number)
- You can scan the QR code shown on the test if you are doing it on your mobile, or input the test ID number if you are doing it from a desktop or laptop computer
- You will be asked to input your test result: negative or positive
- If your test is negative, you will receive a text message and email within a few minutes
- Present the text message or email upon entry to the venue
Are you medically exempt?
There will also be a small number of exemptions for individuals who have a medical reason which means they cannot vaccinate or test. These individuals will need to self-declare their medical exemption to the staff at the entrance to the venue.
Masks will not be mandated within the venue, but we are a mask-friendly event and encourage you to wear a mask in busy settings.
We have designed the event in line with the All Secure Standard and we will be operating a dynamic risk-assessed approach, as recommended by the AEO and DCMS.
Should the guidelines change, we will notify you in advance by e-mail and we will also communicate all pre-event instructions on this page moving forwards.
Our priority is to deliver a safe event that brings the community together in a fun and exciting way and we look forward to seeing you there. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly.