The National Running Show is organised by Raccoon Events – an experienced team of event professionals and digital marketing experts. After the highly successful launch of the National Running Show in 2018, we are busy at work planning the second Show for January 2019.
Running is the UK’s second most popular sport – with over 10.5m active runners running an average of 1-2 times per week. Almost half of runners enter competitive events at least once each year and almost 1m UK residents complete in a competitive half-marathon or marathon each year. Ultra running and OCR races have also burst onto the scene – driving mass participation and opening up new and exciting markets. Despite this mass participation, there is no large-scale dedicated running event in the UK – individual marathons run their own expos but they tend to be organised the week before the race (at which point the participants have purchased their kit, adopted a brand and completed their training.)
The National Running Show was created to rectify this issue. The event takes place in January – the time of year when they are most likely to purchase products, adopt a brand and to start training plans. This major national exhibition provides a scaled opportunity for brands to influence adoption before purchasing decisions have been made and to build loyalty right from the beginning. It also provides an opportunity for merchants to actively acquire a qualified audience of new customers.
How We Deliver the Audience
We attract our audience using a comprehensive multi-channel marketing campaign that includes:
- Partnerships and free ticket distribution via major marathons
- Partnerships with major running groups / clubs
- Partnerships with charity exhibitors
- Media partnerships with selected running blogs, websites and magazines
- Comprehensive PR campaign co-ordinated by our dedicated PR agency
- Continuous year round social media engagement
Our proposition is genuinely exciting and offers something different to any other event. This includes:
- High quality conference programme with inspirational marquee names as speakers
- Educational features such as Ask The Experts, The Treatment Room and The Nutrition Advice Zone
- Free trainer fitting and gait analysis
- On-site competitions such as The Treadmill Challenge
- Tweet Ups at the Run Cafe
All exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities are designed bespoke to match your requirements. To find out more about the options available please get in touch via the form below.