England Athletics is the membership and development body for grassroots athletics and running clubs in England.
Our purpose is to inspire more athletes and runners of all abilities and backgrounds to fulfil their potential and to have a lifelong love for the sport.
Our vision is for athletics and running to become an inclusive sport where everyone belongs and can flourish.
We want every participant involved in the sport, whether they are an athlete, runner, coach, official, leader, volunteer, competition provider, facility operator, parent or guardian to see and experience first-hand the guiding principles which continue to drive our work. These are to:
- Put the athlete and runner first
- Encourage high standards and ethical success across all aspects of our work
- Enhance experiences
- Work together in partnership not in isolation
At the heart of our strategic plan and the focal point for everything we do, are the people and communities involved in our sport across five key areas:
- Participation: young people and running which includes programmes such as RunTogether and funetics.
- Clubs, Club Leaders and facilities
- Coaches and officials
- Talented athletes